The DYN DDoS attack should be a warning sign for businesses
When a company as big as DYN can be attacked via DDoS, how do you protect your own business?
The Doctor will Skype You Now: How Telepresence is Changing the Medical Industry
A number of industries have benefited from breakthroughs in telepresence, but none more so than the medical field.
Is Your Company Suffering the Effects of “Security Fatigue”?
A new study from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) puts the spotlight on “security fatigue." What does this mean?
- This morning, DYN, one of the largest providers of managed Domain Name System records for some of the internet’s biggest companies, faced a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attack. Sites including Amazon, Twitter, Soundcloud, and Reddit were affected. People across the country, though more-so on the East Coast, found these sites inaccessible. Dyn continues to […]
- Telepresence – technology that lets a user project their presence over long distances – has taken a turn. Thanks to Moore’s Law, the state of the art has improved to the point where interaction has become more seamless, even with users thousands of miles away. A number of industries have benefited from this breakthrough, but […]
- You have a hard enough time making decisions for the benefit of your whole enterprise. Add the numerous decisions you have to make with regard to cybersecurity alone (“What password do I use?” “Who gets access to sensitive data?”) and it’s no surprise that some simply give up. A new study from the National […]
- Social Engineering is a phrase that gets discussed frequently in the technology space, but for far too long, the feeling that is just a ‘buzzword’ has prevented it from getting the awareness it deserves. The first step in changing this is demystifying the phrase. Social Engineering is, simply put, a way for your cyber security […]
- The golden rule for every business: “Put yourself in your customer’s place.” – Orison Swett Marden More than ever, organizations are keenly aware that they can have cutting-edge products, superior customer service and the best talent but, if they are not keeping pace with their customers’ needs, they don’t have a working formula for success. In […]