3 Secrets to Successfully Managing a Distributed Workforce
Overseeing a distributed workforce can be likened to herding cats. How can you manage it successfully?
The DYN DDoS attack should be a warning sign for businesses
When a company as big as DYN can be attacked via DDoS, how do you protect your own business?
The Doctor will Skype You Now: How Telepresence is Changing the Medical Industry
A number of industries have benefited from breakthroughs in telepresence, but none more so than the medical field.
Is Your Company Suffering the Effects of “Security Fatigue”?
A new study from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) puts the spotlight on “security fatigue." What does this mean?
- Whether you’re managing a team of employees in geographically separated offices, or freelancers living the “digital nomad” lifestyle across the world, overseeing a distributed workforce can be likened to herding cats. Nevertheless, business trends favor managers who keep that figurative catnip handy: from 2008 to 2015, the freelance workforce grew from 1.4 million to 1.91 […]
- This morning, DYN, one of the largest providers of managed Domain Name System records for some of the internet’s biggest companies, faced a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attack. Sites including Amazon, Twitter, Soundcloud, and Reddit were affected. People across the country, though more-so on the East Coast, found these sites inaccessible. Dyn continues to […]
- Telepresence – technology that lets a user project their presence over long distances – has taken a turn. Thanks to Moore’s Law, the state of the art has improved to the point where interaction has become more seamless, even with users thousands of miles away. A number of industries have benefited from this breakthrough, but […]
- You have a hard enough time making decisions for the benefit of your whole enterprise. Add the numerous decisions you have to make with regard to cybersecurity alone (“What password do I use?” “Who gets access to sensitive data?”) and it’s no surprise that some simply give up. A new study from the National […]
- The big systems outages and business continuity failures tend to hog all the headlines, and last August’s Delta Airlines downtime was no exception. In Delta COO Giles West’s own words, “a critical power control module at our Technology Command Center malfunctioned, causing a surge to the transformer and a loss of power” – the resulting […]