Air Scare: Business Continuity Lessons from Delta’s Systems Outage
Lessons Learned from Delta Airlines Massive System Outage
Technology Trends in the Legal Sector, Part 1
Law firms can no longer afford to remain in the stone age of technology.
Are you as ready for the hackers as they are for you?
Ready or not, as the hacking community continues to evolve law firms have become a definitive target.
- The big systems outages and business continuity failures tend to hog all the headlines, and last August’s Delta Airlines downtime was no exception. In Delta COO Giles West’s own words, “a critical power control module at our Technology Command Center malfunctioned, causing a surge to the transformer and a loss of power” – the resulting […]
- The golden rule for every business: “Put yourself in your customer’s place.” – Orison Swett Marden More than ever, organizations are keenly aware that they can have cutting-edge products, superior customer service and the best talent but, if they are not keeping pace with their customers’ needs, they don’t have a working formula for success. In […]
- Ready or not, as the hacking community continues to evolve law firms have become a definitive target. The legal industry has typically struggled to stay in front of the technology curve and many still do not have formal controls in place to adequately address the rapidly growing demand of cybersecurity. Usually security is at the top of […]
- Finally somebody called it: we’ll be using more robots to communicate over long distances in the future, not less. According to technology intelligence research firm Tractica, we’ll be seeing a 50 percent increase in the use of telepresence by 2020. Forget travel, forget Skype: we’ll be using robots to create a virtual presence for ourselves, […]
- How Ransomware Finds a Foothold If your laptop and its contents were suddenly held for ransom tomorrow, how much would you be willing to pay for it? Hackers can easily put you in a position where you’ll need to pay up to get your systems running again… and many larger institutes have ended up paying […]